The Best Reasons to Go Solar #1: Saving Money
Are you curious about the best reasons to go solar? Switching to solar power can save you thousands of dollars over the next 25 years, and we want to show you several ways that can happen. Do you find yourself in a situation with a high electric bill and the right solar exposure? Getting solar panels installed on your home or business could be one of the most financially rewarding investments you can make.
Let me tell you a little about how a business person thinks (even though you might already know). Investors look for ways they can spend a money on something that will immediately give them value. However, they also want something that will give them cash flow and growth in the future.
Investors who buy rental houses do this. They make money off rental properties in the following ways:
1. They acquire control of something that has a significant value by itself (like a $100,000 house).
2. They find someone to live in it and pay the debt off for them (maybe $700 per month).
3. They charge a little more than their debt to create a positive cash flow (maybe $300 per month).
4. They have something that appreciates in value 3-7% per year, giving them even more money when they sell ($3,000-$7,000 per year).
5. They enjoy special tax depreciation benefits from the government (roughly $1000 per year). (All figures are hypothetical estimates.)
That’s a lot of sources of income! With all these benefits, many real estate pros will say that a rental property is one of the best investments you can make. Essentially, you are shorting the inflation of the dollar by locking in your monthly payments. I want to show you how having a solar energy system will work in EXACTLY the same way.
1. You will have ownership of a system that will add to your property’s value instantly (somewhere between $15,000-50,000 and even more for a business).
2. You will let someone else pay off the debt for you, namely, the sun!
3. You will have a cash flow of even more savings than the amount you leased (around $10-200 per month, just depending on your property).
4. You will experience the effects of appreciation, simply because the cost of electricity is rising every year by 4-7%.
5. You will enjoy special tax benefits when you file next year (30% of your system cost). Commercial solar electric systems can also be depreciated like any other business asset for further tax advantages.
Now, you can plainly see how having solar panels works just like owning a rental property, with the same types of financial benefits. Many investors take on substantial risk when they buy properties. But with solar energy, as long as the sun is still in the sky, there is virtually no risk! The sun will always save you money! Investors look for ways to make money off of other people’s money. If you can borrow at 4% but electricity is rising at 6%, then it only makes sense to short the rising electrical costs. Beating inflation is one best reasons to go solar.
Of course, there is a lot more to it than that. There are so many details to consider. At A-Line Energy Solutions, we use the industry’s most accurate software to precisely calculate how much electricity your panels could produce and how much you’ll save. We even consider all the details like shade from surrounding trees and even your chimney. We will only show you the raw truth about your solar savings.
Now is the perfect time to enjoy all 5 financial benefits of owning solar panels for your home or business. As you can see, saving money is one of the best reasons to go solar.